- 0.1 【Easy!】 How to Make Butterfly by Origami
- 0.2 How to Make an Easy Butterfly
- 0.2.1 1.Colored Side is Up, Make Diagonal Creases.
- 0.2.2 2. Make Horizontal and Vertical Creases
- 0.2.3 3. Make Creases to Put Four Apexes Together with the Center.
- 0.2.4 4. Turn Over and Make Creases to Put the Sides Together with the Center Line.
- 0.2.5 5. Turn it 90° and Fold it to Put the Sides Together with the Center Line.
- 0.2.6 6. Following the Creases, Open and Squash it.
- 0.2.7 7. Turn it 90° and Fold the Corners.
- 0.2.8 8. Fold the Upper Side Backwards and Fold it to Make it a little Thin.
- 0.2.9 9. Turn Over and Pick a little and Fold it.
- 0.3 A Butterfly is Completed!
- 1 Related Posts
【Easy!】 How to Make Butterfly by Origami
Hello, I’m a writer of KARAKURIJAPAN, Yonosuke! This article will lecture origami, which is one of the traditional Japanese culture.
Origami is Getting Popular
Japanese people have played with origami since long time ago. I think many of them played with it making cranes and planes when they were children. I also played with paper plane in my childhood.
And in these years, origami has been highly evaluated not only in Japan, but also all over the world. Why?
Origami has been enjoyed with by many people in the world as expression.
Like music expressed by musicians, and like paintings expressed by painters, origami is used as a kind of expression.
Origami is an art other than a play.
Introduction of How to Make an Easy Butterfly by Origami
I will introduce how to make a butterfly by origami.
It looks difficult, but it’s easy! Let’s try making with watching the video!
How to Make an Easy Butterfly
I’ll explain how to make it with images. Please watch the video further explanation!
1.Colored Side is Up, Make Diagonal Creases.
▲Colored side is up, and make diagonal creases like this. Creases are important base of origami works. Be careful!
2. Make Horizontal and Vertical Creases
▲Make horizontal and vertical creases on the center. Make creases clearly like this picture.
3. Make Creases to Put Four Apexes Together with the Center.
▲Put four apexes together with the center point like this to make creases. Creases are important!
4. Turn Over and Make Creases to Put the Sides Together with the Center Line.
▲ Put the sides together with the center line like this. This is the last crease. The base is ready. Start folding!
5. Turn it 90° and Fold it to Put the Sides Together with the Center Line.
▲ Turn it 90° and fold it like the previous step.
6. Following the Creases, Open and Squash it.
▲Following the creases you made, open and squash it. Do same for the other side. It’s getting the shape! There are a few more steps left!
7. Turn it 90° and Fold the Corners.
▲ Turn it 90° and fold the corners like this picture.
8. Fold the Upper Side Backwards and Fold it to Make it a little Thin.
▲ Fold the upper side backwards. And fold the sides to make it a little thin like this picture. It’s a little complex, but it’s close to the shape of a butterfly!
9. Turn Over and Pick a little and Fold it.
▲ Turn over, and pick a little at last. It’s completed! Good job!
A Butterfly is Completed!
How was it? An origami butterfly looks difficult, but it’s easy! Even though it has many steps, most of them are just making creases, and the rest is easy!
A cute butterfly has been made! You can get relax by displaying it in your room.
KARAKURIJAPAN introduces some other origami works!
Please try making! Origami is really interesting!
Get the latest.
Follow KARAKURI JAPAN Twitter on Twitter!Follow @karakuri__japan