- 0.1 Introduction of How to Make a Turtle by Origami.
- 0.2 Now, It’s an Art! One of Japanese Play, Origami
- 0.3 Standard Origami Works are Usually Animals and Planes
- 0.4 How to Make a Turtle
- 0.4.1 1.Fold it in Half to Make Creases
- 0.4.2 2. Fold it in Half to Make a Crease Normally
- 0.4.3 3.Fold it to Put Together with the Crease
- 0.4.4 4. Make Creases and Make Inside Reverse Folds
- 0.4.5 5.From the Point of the Crease you Made First, Turn over and Fold it so that the Side can Touch the Apex.
- 0.4.6 6. Make a Pleats Fold
- 0.5 A Turtle is Completed
- 1 Related Posts
Introduction of How to Make a Turtle by Origami.
Hello, I’m a writer of KARAKURIJAPAN, Yonosuke!
This article is about a traditional Japanese culture, origami! Please read it with watching the video above.
Now, It’s an Art! One of Japanese Play, Origami
Origami has been played with since long time ago in Japan.
I guess all Japanese have played with it when they were children.
And it has become a trend, because it has been recognized as an art. More and more new works have been made.
Now there is a qualification for an instructor of origami authorized by Nippon Origami Association in Japan, and even a meeting named The International meeting of Origami Science and Technology is held.
Standard Origami Works are Usually Animals and Planes
What does origami remind you at first?
I think most people think of a crane or a plane. Crane is really standard.
As well as planes, animals are most standard among origami works. They look complex, but not so difficult to make. And you can get calm just by putting them on your desk.
From these animals, I’ll introduce how to make a turtle!
How to Make a Turtle
Let’s make it! Please watch the video, and you can understand easily.
1.Fold it in Half to Make Creases
▲At first, fold it in half to make creases only on ends. Be careful not to fold it around the center.
2. Fold it in Half to Make a Crease Normally
▲Fold it in half normally to make a crease.
3.Fold it to Put Together with the Crease
▲After making the crease, fold it to put the sides together with the crease you made to make a rectangle.
4. Make Creases and Make Inside Reverse Folds
▲ Make inside reverse folds on both ends. An inside reverse fold is like this.
5.From the Point of the Crease you Made First, Turn over and Fold it so that the Side can Touch the Apex.
▲This is the most difficult point! From the point of the crease you made first, turn over and fold it so that the side can touch the apex. And do same for four corners.
6. Make a Pleats Fold
▲This is the last. To make a head of the turtle, make a pleats fold only on one side.
A Turtle is Completed
How was it? It might look difficult, but it’s easy! And cute!
I introduced how to make a turtle, one of animals. Please try making!
And please watch other origami works!
Get the latest.
Follow KARAKURI JAPAN Twitter on Twitter!Follow @karakuri__japan